Last Modified: June 17, 2016
Effective Date: June 17, 2016
4.1. “Personal Information” means personally-identifiable information (information relating to an individual that can be used to identify, locate, or contact that individual, alone or when combined with other personal or identifying information), such as: name, home or physical address, e-mail address, phone number, or personal characteristics (such as photos, age or date of birth, race, gender, number or gender of children, height, weight, religion, occupation, education, political party affiliation, medical conditions or other health information, fingerprints, handwriting), Sensitive Information (as defined below), or any other information about an individual that we collect through the Journey Group Services and maintain in personally identifiable form in combination with other personally-identifiable information.
4.2. “Sensitive Information” means Social Security numbers, passport numbers, driver’s license numbers, bank account numbers, credit or debit card numbers, insurance policy numbers, login or authentication credentials (such as passwords), or other similar information.
4.3. “Non-Personal Information” means information or content other than Personal Information, including, for example, aggregated or anonymized information about our users and other information that does not identify any individual.
5. Types of Information Collected.
6. Use of Non-Personal Information. We may use Non-Personal Information (including, for example, aggregated information about our users or information that does not identify any individual) for any purposes whatsoever (including without limitation, advertising, marketing, enhancing, designing, or developing products and/or services, and research), and we may share Non-Personal Information with others, including our partners, affiliates, and our service providers.
7. Use of Personal Information.
7.3.1. to any person, entity or organization which you consent for us to disclose your Personal Information to;
7.3.2. to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our users is among the assets transferred;
7.3.4. to any person, entity or organization in order to facilitate the provision of the Journey Group Services, such as providing your name and payment information to our third party payment processor if you purchase any paid services that we may offer from time to time;
7.3.5. to comply with any legal requirements, subpoena, discovery requests, or court orders, to defend any legal or administrative proceedings, or as we believe in good faith is necessary to comply with any laws or legal requirements;
7.3.6. as we believe is necessary or appropriate in an emergency situation, including without limitation, to prevent criminal activity, personal injury or property damage;
7.3.7. to law enforcement, financial institutions, or other appropriate authorities in connection with any investigation of suspected criminal or fraudulent activity by any person or entity; and
8. Opt-In Sharing Features. We will not knowingly disclose your Personal Information to a third party if we know or have reason to believe that the third party will use your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, unless you choose to opt-in to such sharing.
9. Security. Where possible, we have made reasonable efforts to implement security measures designed to secure your Personal Information stored by us from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You are responsible for safeguarding the username and password associated with your Journey Group Account and notifying us immediately if you suspect your username and password or your Journey Group Account have been compromised. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to or through the Journey Group Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained in the Journey Group Services or used by our third party service providers.
11. Access to and Change of Personal Information. You may contact us at any time to: (a) request the removal of the Personal Information you provided to us from our databases; and (b) update your Personal Information. However, certain information associated with financial transactions related to the Journey Group Services may be retained permanently for legal, tax, and business reasons. In addition, because certain Personal Information may be necessary to provide the Journey Group Services to you, you understand that the removal of that Personal Information may require us to delete your Journey Group Account. When your Personal Information (or other User Content) is updated or deleted, copies of such information may remain in our backups for a period of time.